Ayurveda treatment for Piles (Hemorrhoids): Natural treatment without any side-effects
About Piles Ayurvedic Treatment
Swollen hemorrhoids condition in generally called Piles. Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the lowest part of your rectum and anus. Actually every person has hemorrhoids. Normally these spongy vascular pads in the rectum, together with the sphincters, serve to seal the anus. When they are enlarged, they often cause discomfort. Patients suffer from pain in the anus, with itching, oozing, or burning sensations.
Hemorrhoids can be internal or external-
Internal hemorrhoids are difficult to detect, as it doesn’t cause much pain. Only way to detect is, when there are signs of bleeding. Since the pain sensing nerves are minimum, they don’t cause much pain.
Causes of Piles
Genetic predisposition:People with hemorrhoids often suffer from an innate weakness of the walls of blood vessels.
The elasticity of the walls of blood vessels decreases with age. This is the reason why the hemorrhoids occur commonly in the old age.
Chronic constipation of the bowel is another condition which can cause hemorrhoids. Low fibre diet, very little fluid intake and lack of movement also are some of the causes of constipation.
Obesity can lead to hemorrhoids because the high weight presses the rectum, which blocks the blood circulation, thus expand the vascular pad in the anal area.
Pregnancy condition, will have a similar effect when the child presses on the intestine area.
Symptoms of Piles
Four stages of hemorrhoid disease are distinguished by the extent of enlargement and displacement.
A common symptom in all stages is painless bleeding during bowel movements.
Some other noted symptoms are:
- Itching and burning at the anus
- Oozing at the anus
- Stinging pain during bowel movements
- Nodules in the outer anus area (in case of exterior hemorrhoids)
Hemorrhoids first degree
One or more hemorrhoid nodes have been enlarged but have not yet advanced into the anal canal. The symptoms occur in a phase-wise manner, then they may be absent for weeks or months.
Hemorrhoids of the second degree
The increased haemorrhoid cords are already palpable . If you press the stool, they slide into the anal canal, but then pull back again . The fine incontinence can be intermittent: Then mucus from the rectum irritates the skin around the anus and leads to inflammations, which are associated with burning and itching .
Hemorrhoids of the third degree
At this stage , the hemorrhoid canal emerges from the anus in the course of the bowel movement. They are so enlarged that you cannot pull back by yourself, but can be pushed back with your finger.
Anal fissures are small tears in the skin of the anus, which arise in hemorrhoidal alveoli by the general weakening of the tissue as a result of frequent inflammation. These anal fissures - and not the hemorrhoids themselves - are usually responsible for possible violent pain during bowel movements. If the haemorrhoids are trapped in the anal canal, this can lead to pain or pressure.
Hemorrhoids of the fourth degree
In the last stage, the hemorrhoid cords are always visible from the outside and can no longer be pushed back completely into the anus. They also occupy considerable space in the anal canal, thus preventing the complete discharge of the stool. The mechanical stress, frequent injury and inflammation of the hemorrhoid can lead to vessel occlusions (thromboses) and death of the tissue. Thromboses and necrotized hemorrhoids can be very painful.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Piles
Piles or Hemorrhoids is classified as digestive disorder. Hemorrhoids are caused by one of the three doshas, according to Ayurveda.
Vata- dosha causing Hemorrhoids: These hemorrhoids are hard and dark in color; almost black. Symptoms include constipation and acute pain.
Pitta- dosha causing Hemorrhoids: These hemorrhoids are soft and reddish in color. Symptoms include bleeding during bowel movement, feeling of thirst, fever and diarrhea.
Kapha- dosha causing Hemorrhoids: These hemorrhoids are large, soft and whitish in color. Symptoms include persistent digestion problems.
Ayurvedic treatment routine
The treatment procedure proceeds in 2-stages:
- Reduce the constipation associated with the hemorrhoids
- Alleviate the pain caused by the hemorrhoids and reduce them
The main cause of hemorrhoids or piles is the accumulation of toxins in the rectal area.
Ayurveda recommends Panchakarma therapy for the elimination of toxins. Panchakarma, is a bio-cleansing treatment, which removes toxins from all over the body. The main benefit of Ayurvedic treatment over other treatments is that, Ayurvedic treatments are completely natural and free from side-effects. So Ayurveda helps you get relief from symptoms in a healthy way.
A typical Ayurvedic treatment procedure starts with-
Consultation with an ayurveda physician. (We at superbeing arranges free consultation over the phone or email with a specialized doctor, provided you have send a detailed description of the disease condition and the concerned medical reports)
The doctor performs thorough diagnosis of your body by analyzing your medical condition, body constitution and the doshas causing the illness. He then prescribes a treatment routine to be followed-
A typical treatment routine includes:
1. No of days required for treatment
2. The therapies to be followed in each stages of treatment
3. Number of total sessions required for each therapy
4. Internal medicines and its timings
5. Diet to be followed during treatment
6. Do’s and Don’ts to be followed before and after each session
Panchakarma defines a number of treatment methods, for the removal of toxins. This involves both internal and external medications and an ideal diet. In addition to the diet , the stimulating massages and manual therapies are very important in order to stimulate the metabolism and to assist in its detoxification.
Some for the Panchakarma therapies performed in treating Hemorrhoid condition are:
Virechana is the procedure by which vitiated doshas are eliminated through the anal route. It is the treatment of choice for the pitta dominant individuals.
Vasti: Vasti is method in which special medicated preparation in injected into the rectum. Vasti treatment is used to eliminate the vata (air) dosha out through the rectum. Vasti is a very effective cleansing process. It rejuvenates the body and alleviates constipation, diarrhea and other digestive disorders. In simple terms, Vasti means medicated enema.
It washes out all your toxins through the digestive tract. The medicinal preparation is introduced into the bowel through the anus. The medicine pulls out the toxins from the entire body, which are then expelled out of the body. Since this therapy improves the overall digestion of the body, this helps the body to respond to the weight reducing diet.
Home remedies for Piles treatment
1. Aloe Vera: Apply aloe vera gel on the infected pile mass. This will give relief to pain and itching.
2. Prepare a mixture of turmeric and neem leaves, with hot sesame oil. Apply this to the infected area. This is helpful in treating painful and protruding hemorrhoids.
3. Include in your diet radish, carrot, beetroots in your daily diet. They are rich in fibre content and helps in healthy digestion.
4. Eat fresh green vegetables in plenty for stress-free digestion.
5. Avoid long periods of continuous sitting, to reduce pressure on veins in the anus. Stay active and engage in some sort of physical activity.
6. Don't strain during a bowel movement. Strain causes pressure in the veins of the lower rectum. This can cause adverse effects on the pile mass.
7. Always keep your anus clean.
8. Drink plenty of liquids.
9. A high fiber diet is very important to maintain a healthy digestion and to cut down conditions of constipation, diarrhea and other digestive disorders.
10. Triphala: This is a medicinal powder which is very effective in controlling the piles condition. Consume 2 or 3 teaspoons of this powder before going to bed. Triphala tablets are available which can cure the hemorrhoid condition permanently, if used according to dosage prescribed by an Ayurveda doctor.
11. Avoid habits like smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, coffee etc.
12. Avoid foods that are too oily, fatty and spicy.
Ayurveda, which means the science of life. (Ayur = Life, Veda = Science). Ayurveda is a traditional System of treatment (medical science) which was developed in India more than 5000 years ago. Ayurvedic treatment which helps to cure most of the diseases. Major treatment methods are massages, Pizhichil, Njavarakizhi, Sirodhara, Vasthi, Sirovasthi, Udvarthanam, Abhyangam, Nasyam, Thalam etc. The main Advantage of taking ayurveda treatment is, its completely natural because herbal medicines are used to treat any disease conditions. Its a natural medical system focused on physical, mental and spiritual growth of human beings and it focus on treating and get rid off the root cause of the disease (Complete cure) rather than suppressing the symptoms.Special Ayurveda packages available in kerala for most of the ailments