Snehana - Herbal Oil Massage
Daily herbalized oil massage provides a deep soothing and balancing effect on the nervous system. The motion of massage creates heat and friction which enhance blood circulation and help cleanse the areas of chemical impurities that could be aggravating and hypersensitizing nervous tissues. Ayurvedcic oil is around the ear and to the scalp pacifies Vata dosha and strengthens the nerves and muscles. Bilva taila, Kshara taila, Ksheerabala taila etc are administered in this regard.
It is a sweating therapy done to remove toxins from an individual’s body in no time.
- Snigdha sweda – oiling type of sweating is administered.
- Rooksha Sweda – dry type of sweating is administered.
- Bashpa Sweda - It is a steaming treatment which is highly recommended after a whole body massage.
- Pinda Sweda – In Pinda sweda, the decoctions are generally hot or boiled to a tolerable temperature. Then, the medicaments are tied in a cloth so as to make a bolus. The bolus is gently rubbed over the low back area of the afflicted individual, until sweating begins.
- Patra Pinda Sweda – As the name indicates sliced leaves of medicinal plants having anti-inflammatory, anti-degenerative and analgesic properties are filled and tied in a sterile cloth to make a bolus. The leaf bolus is dipped into an herbal warm oil. The bolus is then rubbed on the affected region.
Warm oil is allowed to flow through the nostrils and the face. Along with the process, neck and head are gently massaged. This helps to clear the passages and these regions are strengthened.
Herbal drugs beneficial in the treatment of vitiligo-
Ayurvedic Formulations recommended in Vitiligo-
- Bakuchi taila
- Somaraji taila
- Avalgujadi lepam
- Triphaladi taila
- Shwitranashaka lepa
- Panchanana taila
- Tuvarakadi taila
- Khadiradi ghrita
- Shwetakaravira taila
- Mahakhadira ghrita
- Mahatiktaka ghrita
- Arogyavardhini vati
- Gandhaka rasayana