- Focal demyelination of trigeminal nerve or ganglia
- Extrinsic and intrinsic tumours near the branches of nerve.
- Micro vascular compression due to blood vessel impinging on the root of trigeminal nerve.
- Demyelination of trigeminal nerve fibres
- Multiple sclerosis
- Blood vessel disorders
- Formation of cyst or cavity in the spinal cord
- Post-medullary infarction
Triggering factors –
- Putting on makeup
- Heavy traffic sounds and horns
- Radiation from mobile towers
Discuss about Trigeminal Neuralgia