Virechana Nasya or Shiro-virechana – Purgatory and intense nasal medications are instilled medicated oils, ghee or herbal decoctions.) are instilled into the nasal passages. It serves as the same purpose of Dhumapana. Nasya can be well altered with Dhumapana.
Nasyam Treatment- In this treatment module, Ayurvedic medicated oils and powders are administered through the nostrils of an individual. It helps in eliminating the toxins from the head and neck region as well as removes any obstructions present in nasal passages.
- Virechana Nasya or Shiro-virechana – Purgatory and intense nasal medications (medicated oils, ghee or herbal decoctions.) are instilled into the nasal passages.
- Dhamana - Filling the nostrils with medicated powders, herbs etc to unblock the passages and nourish the tissues.
- Shamana - Warm oil is allowed to flow through the nostrils and the face. Along with the process, neck and head are gently massaged. This helps to clear the passages and these regions are strengthened.
- Varti Insertion – Inserting medical suppositories into the nasal cavity
- Dhumapana – Herbal Smoking is advised to eliminate the Kapha which has been exaggerated due to the administration of Ghrita and or Ghrita Manda.
- Pranayama – Deep breathing exercises.
Ayurvedic Drugs useful for Tonsillitis
Ayurvedic Formulations used for Tonsillitis
- Shringyadi choornam
- Katphala kashaya
- Dashamoola katutraya kashaya
- Sithopaladi choorna
- Thalisadi choorna
- Shwasakuthara rasa
- Kaphakutara rasa
- Kanchanara Guggulu
- Nimbadi Kashayam
- Khadiradi Vati
- Gorochanadi Gulika
- Nirgundyadi oil