Ayurvedic Line of Treatment
Ayurveda Detoxification Procedure - Panchakarma
Pre-purification Measures namely 'snehan' and 'swedan are very useful to balance 'Vata'. Snehan is a Herbalized Oil Massage. Session, where the oil is applied to the entire body. Swedan is the sweating therapy and is given immediately after the snehan. Sessions.
- Vamana– It is a controlled vomiting therapy which is pre planned and induced for a definite time. It thus expels harmful toxins out of your body.
- Virechana or Therapeutic Purgation – Virechana therapy is a sub -type of the Panchakarma treatment. Under this treatment, an individual is made to undergo through a controlled purgation. It helps to flush out the harmful toxins from the body.
- Vasthi or Medicated Enema – Vasthi therapy involves the introduction of herbal decoctions and medicated oil preparations into the rectum. It relieves constipation, digestive problems, chronic fever, colds, sexual disorders, kidney stones, heart pains, backache, sciatica and various joint pains. It is very much useful in deep Vata vitiation.
- Rakthamokshana or Blood Letting - Raktamokshana is an effective blood purification therapy, in which the blood is carefully removed in small quantities to doff the toxins directly out of the body.
- Nasya or Nasal administration of medicines –Application of medicated oil, herbal juice or other medicated formulations to the nostrils. Nasyam helps to eliminate accumulated toxins in the nasal sinuses.
It produces lightness in the body is called as Langhana. Drugs which are Light (laghu), Hot (Ushna), Pungent (Tikshna), Clear (Vishada), Dry (Ruksha) , Subtle (Sukshma), Rough (Khara), Spreading (Sara) and Hard (Katina) can produce Langhana effect in the body. Langhana by purification procedures include - Shodhana and Shamana.
It helps in reducing the body fluid volume and increases the density of body tissue.