Ayurvedic Line of Treatment
Ayurveda, the 5000-year-old Hindu medical discipline offers holistic treatment solutions to treat Osteoporosis in no time. It is a complete natural medical system which aims to cure your disorder along with goodness of nature and also without any unwanted side-affects.
Vamana (vomiting therapy)- It is a controlled vomiting therapy which is pre planned and induced for a definite time. It thus expels harmful toxins out of your body.
More details about it –
Before Vamana therapy, you will be given a digestive medicine such as Trikatu churna, Chitrakadi Vati, Hingwashtaka Churna etc. for up to three days.
After that, you will be asked to drink a specific type of natural ghee or oil for another 3 – 7 days. This process of consuming ghee is called as Snehakarma or oleation therapy.
Post ghee consumption, you will be advised to undergo oil massage along with a sweating treatment. At that very night, you will be given with diets such as sweet curds, black gram Vada etc.
Post Care after the vomiting therapy
After the therapy the hands, feet and face of the patient are washed with warm water
- The patient should be consoled.
- Made to undergo herbal smoking
- He is then shifted into a room which is not exposed to the wind and should lie down there.
Virechana Therapy- Under this treatment, an individual is made to undergo through a controlled purgation. It helps to flush out the harmful toxins from the body. The main purpose of Virechana therapy is to expel Pitta Dosha from the body.
More details about it-
On the very day of Virechana treatment, if the patient suffers from weak digestion issues then the patient is made to fast for the next few hours. Also, a good sleep in the last night is well ensured.
In the morning, after the Kapha time (9 am– 10 am) ,Virechana drug is given. The concentration and quantity of purgation medicine is determined by considering the nature of the individual’s Kostha (alimentary tract, bowels)
Milk is given to persons with Mrudukoshta (soft intestines) and Trivrit (a purgative herb) is accorded to a patient with Krurakoshta, (hard bowels, intestines.
Post Treatment Diet regimen
Soon after the therapy sessions, the digestive capacity of the patient becomes very low. Hence, immediately normal regular diet cannot be introduced. Instead, liquid diet is planned and gradually turned into regular food meals. Thereafter, the patient should start taking his normal diet. Along with a specified diet regimen, natural oral medicines are also prescribed.
Virechana treatment sessions are generally recommended to be done during autumn seasons when Pitta dosha becomes more exaggerated.
- Samvahana – Gentle stroking with application of herbal oils.
- Mardana – A relaxation session where tapping is done with palm while applying medicated oils.
- Abhyangam– It is oil massage treatment. Abhyangam is a healing body massage that solely aims to refresh both your physical and mental health.
- Nasya or Nasal administration of medicines –Application of medicated oil, herbal juice or other medicated formulations to the nostrils. Nasyam helps to eliminate accumulated toxins in the nasal sinuses.
- Tikta Ksheera – Milk is processed with some beneficial drugs which is recommended to drink and also used for enemas.
- Tikta Ghrita – Ghee is processed with some decoction of bitter drugs and is administered for drinking and also for enemas.
- Snehan- Snehan is a Herbalized Oil Massage. Session, where the oil is applied to the entire body.
- Swedan – It is the sweating therapy and is given immediately after the snehan sessions.
- Seka – The treatment therapy includes pouring of medicated oils over the body in streams.
- Paishtika Madhya – Alcohol and other fermented products prepared with flours and are applied externally.
- Snigdhoshna Vasti – Medicated enemas with warm oils and ghee are applied externally