Shodhana (purificatory therapy)- Shodhana means to purify. In this treatment module, purification is done by expelling the toxins from the individual’s body in a natural way.Pre-purification Measures namely 'snehan' and 'swedan are very useful to balance 'Vata'.
Snehan is a Herbalized Oil Massage. Session, where the oil is applied to the entire body. Swedan is the sweating therapy and is given immediately after the snehan. Sessions.
Local applications and coolants (Sheetala dravya prayoga) are also suggested.
List of Natural herbs used to cure Oral Herpes
- Khadira (Acacia catechu)– purifies the blood and heals due to astringent nature.
- Badara (Ber fruit ) – helps to restructure the discontinued tissues of the ulcerated area.
- Amalaki-Amla-(Indian Gooseberry)-rejuvenate, coolant and supplements micro nutrients.
- Hareetaki (Chebulic myrobalan) restorative in nature. And helps in healing the wound scars
- Chandana (Sandal wood)– soothes the internal tissues.
- Usheera (Vittivera zizinoides) – coolant and soothes the area.
- Parpataka (Pumaria parviflora) – purifies the blood and restores the vitiated pitta.
- Raktika (Ixora grandiflora) – coolant, soothener and rejuvinative.
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus) – digestive and carminative and corrects the patho-physiology from its base level.
- Peruka (Guava) –coolant nature and helps to reduce the ulcerated lesions.
Ayurvedic Medicines Recommended for Oral Herpes
- Lavangadi vati
- Kamadugha(mouktika yukta)
- Pravala bhasma
- Pravala panchamruta.