According to Ayurveda, it is a condition known as Atatva Abhinivesha. ‘Atatwa’ means ‘non-existent’ and abhinivesha means ‘stubborn’ nature’. Atatwabhinivesha refers to a ‘condition where the person believes in all the factors which are in fact not correct and very much inappropriate.
Panckarma is Ayurveda’s fundamental purification and detoxification treatment which is a combined set of five natural therapeutic procedures. Ayurvedic Panckarma eliminates harmful toxins from our digestive system, lungs and blood vessels. It strengthens our body muscles by making it better toned. It also increases our appetite, sleep quality, sex-desire, concentration and memory.
The program is highly intended for people with constant work –life stress, addicts of tobacco, alcohol and drugs, those who are suffering from chronic diseases like- arthritis, digestive problems, obesity, insomnia, or just for those who just wants to purify both their body and soul to get refreshed.
Inside a Panckarma Clinic Center
It is advised to hibernate all your electronic gadgets including your favorite iPhone, before you step into the center. It is done to detoxify you from a myriad of worries and thoughts. Actually, it reduces your stress level as well as helps you to remain calm and peaceful in no time.
These Panckarma clinics are mostly positioned at scenic landscapes of Mother Nature. You could drench yourself in the waters of a lagoon or would walk through the less trodden forest and also explore the vast wildlife to relax both your mind and body, like never before.
The Traditional Panckarma Treatment Sessions-
Natural herbs stand as the fundamental ingredients in these sessions. Also, these procedures being completely natural are totally safe in practice. The treatment sessions are well supervised by much- qualified ayurvedic doctors and trained professionals.
The Panckarma procedure includes the following-
- Daily consultation with Ayurvedic doctors
- Therapy sessions
- Oral Herbal medications
- Healthy Ayurvedic diet
- Yoga sessions
- Brahma Rasayana–strengthens body as well as mind.
- Panchagavya Ghrita– Acts as an rejuvenative natural decoction
- Mahapanchagavya ghrita – used in the treatment of liver diseases, anemia, cough, OCD, psychiatric conditions.
- Brahmi Ghrita – used as a coolant to soothen the mind
- Vacha Choorna – Stimulant of brain cells and a memory enhancer.
- Saraswata Choorna – Soothes the mind, rejuvenates the nerve cells and also the arteries.
- Saraswatarishta– Fosters the brain cells.
- Mansyadi Kashaya – Tranquilizes the mind, useful in treating depression and OCD disorder.
- Brahmi Vati – Memory enhancer and also acts as an energizer
- Manasamitra vatakam – useful in cases of depression and other psychological disorders.