Ayurvedic Treatment for Nasal Polyps
According to Ayurveda, Nasal Polyps are referred as ‘ “kapha rakta granthi’ or an imbalance in the kapha (phlegmatic) dosha system. Ayurveda stands as the most preferred natural alternative treatment solutions among millions of people all around the globe. Ayurvedic treatment sessions aims to boost the body-immunity and correct the disorders by eliminating its root causes in no time.
Nasyam Treatment - In this treatment module, Ayurvedic medicated oils and powders are administered through the nostrils of an individual. It helps in eliminating the toxins from the head and neck region as well as removes any obstructions present in nasal passages.
- Virechana Nasya or Shiro-virechana – Purgatory and intense nasal medications (medicated oils, ghee or herbal decoctions.) are instilled into the nasal passages.
- Dhamana - Filling the nostrils with medicated powders, herbs etc to unblock the passages and nourish the tissues.
- Shamana - Warm oil is allowed to flow through the nostrils and the face. Along with the process, neck and head are gently massaged. This helps to clear the passages and these regions are strengthened.
- Varti Insertion – Inserting medical suppositories into the nasal cavity
- Dhumapana – Herbal Smoking is advised to eliminate the Kapha which has been exaggerated due to the administration of Ghrita and or Ghrita Manda.
- Pranayama – Deep breathing exercises