Ayurvedic Line of Treatment
According to Ayurveda, measles is a result of vitiation of both Kapha and Pitta. It is generally associated by dry cough, fever, skin rashes and restlessness.
- Kasturi Bhairava,
- Swarnamakshika Bhasma,
- Shringa Bhasma
- Saubhagya Vati
These aforesaid medicines should be taken along with honey for at least three times a day.
Ayurvedic Natural Herbs
- Babuna (Chamomile) -It is taken in the form of Ayurvedic herbal tea and has a soothing effect on the body. It helps to cure the uneasiness that the patient suffers during the onset of the measles.
- Bergamot(Wild Bergamot) -It helps in the quick healing of the measles.
- Neem -It is used to prevent further infections.
- Neembu (Lemon) - Lemon juice helps in the toning of the skin.
- Jyeshthamadha (Licorice) - It quickens the healing process in measles and tones the skin.
- Pudina (Mint) – It is made into a paste form and applied directly to the infected region.
- Khus (Indian grass) - Khus gives a cooling effect on the skin. It is also acts as an anti-pyretic, i.e. it can reduce fever which may be there due to measles.
- Sunthi(Ginger) - Sunthi is an anti-inflammatory agent and reduces the onset of fevers.
- Chandana (Sandalwood) - It provides great relief on itchy rashes and keeps the skin protected. It is also antiviral which prevent further infections.