Now You Can Curb Down Your Back-Pain in No Time with Ayurveda
Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatments like Abhyanga (oil massage) and Vasti (meditated enema) are very much useful in relieving ache and correcting the disorders in no time.
Ayurvedic drugs like Yogarajaguggulu, Lakshadiguggulu, Sallaki, Maanarayana tailam are also useful in this condition. Herbal decoctions like 'Asthavargam' is advised to take orally. Daily purgation is ensured to restore the vitiated 'dosha'.
Let’s get in to the treatment sessions
- Abhyanga :- Abhyanga is a healing body massage that solely aims to refresh both your physical and mental health. It consists of further two sub therapy sessions. The massage sessions are also very much effective to control the ageing process and is widely used in natural anti-ageing programs. Abhyangam is ideally recommended for 14 days.
Oils used in Abhyanga-
- Tila Taila (Sesame oil)
- Mahamasha Tailam
- Prabhanjana Vimardhana Tailam
- Sahacharadi Tailam
- Yashtimadhu Tailam
- Samvahana – Gentle stroking with application of herbal oils
- Mardana – A relaxation session where tapping is done with palm while applying medicated oils
- Padaghata – Massage is done with foot instead of hands. It is so because foot produces more pressure and it is preferred when deep tissue massage is needed.
- Swedana – It is a sweating therapy that is induced to restore back our cell metabolism as well as to flush out our accumulated body toxins.
- Bashpa Sweda - It is a steaming treatment which is highly recommended after a whole body massage.
- Pinda Sweda – In Pinda sweda, the decoctions are generally hot or boiled to a tolerable temperature. Then, the medicaments are tied in a cloth so as to make a bolus. The bolus is gently rubbed over the low back area of the afflicted individual, until sweating begins.
- Patra Pinda Sweda – As the name indicates sliced leaves of medicinal plants having anti-inflammatory, anti-degenerative and analgesic properties are filled and tied in a sterile cloth to make a bolus. The leaf bolus is dipped into a herbal warm oil. The bolus is then rubbed on the affected region.
- Avagaha (Tub bath or Sitz bath) – A bathing tub is filled with warm oils, ghee, herbal decoctions and medicated milk to give a message session to the patient.
- Dhara or Seka (Pizhichil) –Under this treatment, herbal oils and processed milk is poured in warm streams along with gentle stroking for a fixed time duration.
- Kati Vasti - Kati Vasti is a pain relieving oil-pooling treatment conducted mainly for low back pain. It is a treatment in which pain relieving warm medicated oils are poured and pooled for a fixed duration of time in a compartment constructed over the low back area using wet flour of black gram, covering the Lumbo-sacral and Sacro-iliac joints.
- Nitya virechana - This is a variant of Virechana Therapy where the medicines which have a laxative property are given in low doses on a regular scheduled basis.
Back-pain is a very common and painful condition which affects generally the lower portion of our spine, thus it reduces our flexibility. More than 10 million people in India are affected by this painful disease. Globally, this spinal pain is witnessed among millions of people. Back- pain can be of short term or long term. Short term pain can be cured with some little exercises, medications along with some correct sitting postures. But, these tricks doesn’t hold good for long term spinal pains, which generally affects people of higher ages. Long term back-pain can last from few weeks, months to several years, if not treated properly.