- Clean the baby's skin gently while changing napkins with warm water & soft cloth.
- Pat dry baby's bottom.
- Use diaper only when required
- Change diaper frequently.
- Always use a proper fitting diaper.
- Without a delay seek medical help if, rashes do not doff with simple measures like change of diapers or if baby develops fever.
- Always follow strict hygienic measures like washing hands after changing the diaper change to prevent the spread of infection.
- Avoid wet wipes
- Avoid diapers which restrict air circulation.
- Avoid giving late night feeds to baby to prevent extra wetting of nappies.
- Avoid use of talcum powders on baby's skin or fragrant products without prior doctor advice.
- Avoid any products or food items which seem to trigger the rashes.
Discuss about Diaper Dermatitis