Depression is a state of mind that causes low and sad mood, and can last for a few days, weeks or even months. Each one of us feels low or sad due to some situations at some point of time but, when this sadness negatively infiltrates into a person’s behaviour, relationship and work then it is termed as Depression.
Types of Depression-
- Major Depression – Results in a constant feeling of guilt, anger and extreme sadness. Lasts for a minimum of two weeks
- Atypical Depression – Highly associated due to some bad experience in childhood
- Chronic Depression – It is mild and less severe
- Bipolar Depression - The individual feels ecstatic, hyper and over-aggressive
- Seasonal Depression – usually occurs at the onset of summers or winters