Ayurvedic Treatment: A Gentle Touch of Care
Ayurveda is adept in curing Dandruff and shares an exemplary rate of success among a myriad of individuals. Treatment for Dandruff with Ayurveda ensures a complete reduction of symptoms along with the restoration of optimum balance of skin cells to prevent recurrent issues. Ayurveda is natural, safe and without any side-effects, and one can enjoy complete freedom from Dandruff in no time.
Line of Treatment
- Shirodhara - In this therapy, medicated oil, butter milk and herbal extracts are allowed to flow as a continuous stream, just over the upper forehead . Along with this continuous stream, a gentle palm massage is done on the forehead by an experienced staff.
- Shirobasti - Medicated lukewarm oil is allowed to retain over the head for about an hour within a leather cap fitted around the head. This treatment is very effective in facial paralysis, cataract, deafness, dandruff, scalp disorders, chronic headache, insomnia, psychosomatic stress and other diseases. It fosters the nervous system and promotes mental concentration
Ayurvedic herbal hair oils for dandruff:
- Bhringaraja taila
- Triphaladya taila
- Durdurapatradi taila
- Chemparutyadi taila
- Nalpamaradi taila
List of Internal Medicines
- Saptamrita loha –highly beneficial in skin diseases
- Bhringarajasava –Improves body immunity
- Chandanasava –Removes excessive oiliness
- Narasimha Rasayana –Enhances hair quality and scalp skin health. It is especially recommended when dandruff is caused due to dryness in the scalp.
Natural Herbs Used to Cure Dandruff
- Bhringaraja (Eclipta alba)
- Amalaki (Amla)
- Neeli (Indigofera tinctoria)
- Sandalwood – Chandana(Santalum album)
- Licorice – Yashtimadhu
- Hibiscus – Japa
- Dhattura (Dhattura alba)
- Tulasi (Holy basil)
Other External Applications
Oil massage includes-
- A small amount of camphor is mixed with coconut oil and it is applied after washing your hair
- Shikakai Remedy - Shikakai is good for the hair, and mixing it with Mint leaves and Fenugreek seeds makes a good anti-dandruff remedy solution. The mixture is soaked in water overnight and then applied on the scalp in the next morning.
- Concoction made of Neem leaves
- Massaging scalp with Hot Oils
- Eat fruits like Mango, Pomegranate and coconut
- Food rich in Vitamin E and Omega 3 fatty acids help to keep the scalp in good health.
- Food rich in Vitamin E is also very useful
- Almond, pine nuts, peanuts, spinach, taro root, flaxseed oil, and soyabean
- Broccoli, carrots, papaya, pumpkin, red peppers
Dandruff is not a serious life threatening disorder. But repeated negligence can result in any major kind of infective skin diseases. Regular application of natural oil to the scalp(Shiro abhyanga) and wholesome diet will help to prevent from dandruff in no time.