Ayurveda helps you to live life and be active
Ayurveda. an ancient age medical system holds the ultimate key to heal chronic constipation in complete natural ways. Being a natural treatment discipline it is entirely free from negative side effects. Following are the best two Ayurvedic therapy sessions to cure Chronic Constipation like never before.
Virechana therapy is a sub -type of the Panchakarma treatment. Under this treatment, an individual is made to undergo through a controlled purgation. It helps to flush out the harmful toxins from the body. The main purpose of Virechana therapy is to expel Pitta Dosha from the body. Virechana therapy session are also used to cure diabetes.
Before Virechan treatment
Before Virecahan therapy , in most of the cases, an individual has to undergo through Vamana therapy (vomiting treatment).It is followed by Samsarjana( a special diet plan).
Virechana Vidhi- Purgation therapy
On the very day of Virechana treatment, if the patient suffers from weak digestion issues then the patient is made to fast for the next few hours. Also, a good sleep in the last night is well ensured. In the morning, after the Kapha time (9 am– 10 am) ,Virechana drug is given. The concentration and quantity of purgation medicine is determined by considering the nature of the individual’s Kostha (alimentary tract, bowels)
Milk is given to persons with Mrudukoshta (soft intestines) and Trivrit (a purgative herb) is accorded to a patient with Krurakoshta, (hard bowels, intestines.
After Virechana treatment
After the therapy the hands, feet and face of the patient are washed with warm water.
- The patient should be consoled.
- Made to undergo herbal smoking
- He is then shifted into a room which is not exposed to the wind and should lie down there.
Post Treatment Diet regimen
Soon after the therapy sessions, the digestive capacity of the patient becomes very low. Hence, immediately normal regular diet cannot be introduced. Instead, liquid diet is planned and gradually turned into regular food meals. Thereafter, the patient should start taking his normal diet. Along with a specified diet regimen, natural oral medicines are also prescribed.
Abhyangam is a healing body massage that solely aims to refresh both your physical and mental health. It consists of further two sub therapy sessions. The massage sessions are also very much effective to control the ageing process and is widely used in natural anti-ageing programs.
Herbs useful in mild constipation-
- Raisins (Dry grapes)
- Castor oil
Herbs useful in severe constipation-
List of Ayurvedic Medicines
- Avipattikara choorna – A herbal powder mix, useful in gastritis, indigestion, urinary tract disorders, liver disorders.
- Abhayarishta – Useful in piles, hemorrhoids, relieves bloating, constipation
- Trivrit lehyam – Useful in constipation, diseases of heart. Also used in Virechana (Purgation treatment)
- Abhaya modaka
- Triphala choorna – Useful in eye disorders, liver and spleen related disorders, a natural anti-oxidant.
- Dantyarishta – used in the treatment of hemorrhoids, constipation, gastric, intestine and spleen related diseases.
- Gandharvahastadi kashaya – used in the Ayurvedic treatment of Vata imbalance, bloating, constipation, lack of taste in food.
- Anthrakutharam Gulika – Ayurvedic tablet used in bloating, constipation and such other abdominal conditions.
- Naracha Rasa – Used in treatment of ascites and constipation.
Recommended Yoga Asanas
- Pawan mukta asana
- Vajra asana
- Yog mudra
- Dhanur asana